(ideas.work.) Aftercar is a work in progress, but we’re opening anyway on April 1 – yes, April Fools Day is a fitting start. I want to give a special shoutout to everyone who supported Generator’s fall campaign. We raised just over our goal of $30k to cover essential furnishings and supplies when construction prices were soaring. If Aftercar is successful, these donations will translate into more funding for Generator’s work down the road. You’ve done a good thing and we are grateful.
For anyone waiting to sign up, here are a few things you should know:
- For monthly access to Aftercar’s shared workspace, a signup link will be posted before March 29. Sign up for Aftercar’s email newsletter (scroll to the bottom to sign up) or check our website regularly this week. We will start a waitlist as capacity fills up, so don’t wait!
- For event planners there will be a special open house in the late afternoon of April 7.
- Plan to attend one of our opening AFTERHOURS (4-7:00) on Friday April 1 and Friday April 8. Follow us on Instagram @aftercarbar for updates and other events!
- We only have a handful of private studios, and they are being handled individually. If you want to get on that waitlist, please send us a message.
- Plans for private desks have been postponed for now. If we decide to go forward with them, we’ll give you a head’s up in a future email.
- Aftercar is a work in progress. It will not be finished when we open and will continue to evolve through the remainder of this year. The impacts of COVID-19 have required us to scale back construction costs significantly. Most unfortunately, this includes a wheelchair accessible ramp, which will not be in place until late Summer. Also, for people who require a very quiet workspace, please know that phase one does not include phone booths and our plan for dampening the acoustics in the space may take some time to sort out. Thanks for your patience.
That’s it for now. Can’t wait to see you! >> Ryan Gravel