(press.) Someone told us the project was too hyped up. I replied that West End Atlanta deserves all the hype that it gets. “It’s aspirational because it needs to be,” I said. “Our goal is create impact that lives well beyond this first deal.” The deal, of course, is the redevelopment of the West End Mall. If you haven’t heard, I co-founded Elevator City Partners with Donray Von, an Atlanta native and venture capitalist who went to Douglass High and spent a couple years at Morehouse before drifting to Los Angeles for twenty-two years. Now he’s back and together, we are leading the redevelopment of Atlanta’s West End Mall with a vision that deserves attention.
January 2020 West End Press Roundup.
- Next City > “Atlanta’s West End Welcoming Opportunity Zone Investors to the Neighborhood”
- Atlanta Business Chronicle > “West End Mall revitalization pitched as national model for ‘Opportunity Zone’ development”
- Curbed Atlanta > “Vision unveiled for West End Mall’s rebirth as mixed-use ‘opportunity zone’”
- BisNow > “The Redevelopment Of The Mall At West End Close To Securing Opportunity Zone Funding”
- 90.1 WABE, Atlanta’s NPR Station > “Closer Look: Developer Ryan Gravel Shares The Latest on the West End Mall Re-Development” (interview begins at 18:30)
- Yahoo Finance > “Opportunity Zones Bring Investors Off the Sidelines for New Look at West End Mall Redevelopment”
- Shopping Center Business > “Elevator City Partners Unveils Plans for $400 Million West End Mall Redevelopment in Atlanta”
- WSB-TV Channel 2 Atlanta > “Developers scrambling to get federal tax break intended to pump money into struggling communities”
2019 West End Press Highlights.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle (August) > “First look: $350 million mixed-use district planned for Mall at West End”
- CBS Channel 46 (August) > “Developers plan $350M upgrade to West End Mall”
- 90.1 WABE, Atlanta’s NPR Station (June) > “Closer Look: Local Developers Talk Proposed West End Mall Project”
- AJC (March) > “Beltline visionary part of team seeking redevelopment of West End Mall”
Where does this project stand? Can you provide an update?
Don’t give up on us yet. It’s a longshot, but still possible. Let’s get through the election…